Favorite links from the past week + my latest favorite fall outfits, including dresses, comfy work slacks, and comfortable lace-up heels.
Happy Sunday friends! It is a gorgeous day here in Winston-Salem. 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I started my day with a 90 minute run; I’ll share more details tomorrow in my weekly workout recap, but in short, it went really well and I was so happy.
After fueling post-run, and sitting around the house recovering for a bit, I took Maizey on a walk. It’s just too darn pretty to be inside. While we were out walking, I saw a woman who I could have sworn was one of my blog readers who lives in Florida…and it turns out it was her! Jenna and I have communicated a few times back and forth over the years, and she is in NC with her family this week. It was so so fun to finally meet her and I can’t believe we just bumped into each other in Bailey Park! The world is really so small and wonderful.
Alright, onto my favorite links from the past week!
- Why you crave food after mentally taxing tasks. This explains why I want dark chocolate every day at 3 PM after 3 hours of conference calls. 😉
- Distance running: love where you are today. Great read from my friend Jen.
- Snickerdoodle snack bites. I’m in.
- 23 thoughts for 23 miles from the eyes of an elite. Loved this post from Tina.
- Should you let your dog lick your face? Maizey knows she can kiss my nose, and no where else on my face. I’m now rethinking that.
Last Week’s Outfits
A few shopping PSAs:
- My coffee table that so many of you have asked about is on sale at West Elm – use promo code SCORE20.West Elm rarely has site-wide sales so this is an ahhhhmazing time to shop.
- Banana Republic is having 40% off sale. I love my link bracelet from there and am trying to justify yet another pair of Sloan pants; I love these floral print ones! I’m wearing navy Sloan pants in the first picture below; they are so dang comfortable and flattering on every body type, I swear.
I get asked all the time where I got that green and navy top, and unfortunately I can’t find it online anywhere! I bought it at a local boutique that is no longer in business. But, I love these tops that have a similar fit: Poncho 1, Poncho2, Poncho 3. Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus Last Call both have great selections of ponchos!
Guys, please don’t judge me. I swear I own other shoes than these lace-up block heels. I’m just kind of obsessed with them right now; they’re comfortable enough to wear to work all day, even when I walk around town for lunch or coffee.
I am looooving this blouse that bought at Nordstrom Rack last year with my mom. At the time, I was a little unsure of the style, but when I pulled it out this fall, I really liked it! I found an almost exact replica for ya! (And it’s less than I paid, dang it. 😉 )
Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! xo
Shop the Post