Hi! I’m so glad you found your way over here from Pinterest to try this healthy breakfast oatmeal cookie! This is my most-Pinned recipe and I really hope you love it too! Since you are likely new here, let me introduce myself. I’m Teri Hutcheon, the blogger behind A Foodie Stays Fit. I love creating healthy, simple recipes that taste amazing and sharing them with friends, family, and YOU, my blog reader! I work full-time as a social media strategist and love having this blog to share my favorite recipes and workouts with others.
When I’m not working, I’m typically walking my dog, running, doing Crossfit, working on my golf game, hanging out with my supercute boyfriend, or spending time with the amazing group of friends I have in Winston-Salem, NC, where I currently live. (I grew up in Utah, but have been in North Carolina for 8 years and I LOVE it here.) So, that’s me! I hope you’ll stick around, leave a comment so I can get to know you, and explore some more.
If you want to keep in touch and get more healthy (and delicious!) recipes sent straight to your inbox, sign up below to get my email newsletter and get a FREE ebook with my 5 most popular breakfast recipes!
Now, onto the recipe you came for! Enjoy!
Guess what. I’m still eating Ashley’s breakfast cookies on a daily basis. And I made a version this morning that I might like even more than the protein-packed pumpkin pie cookie I concocted last week.
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookie
- 1 banana
- 1 egg white
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/3 c old fashioned oats
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1 T chocolate chips (semi-sweet is my choice)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 T creamy peanut butter
- In a microwavable cereal bowl, mash the banana with a fork and mix in the egg. Mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the oats, baking powder and dash of cinnamon. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 minute, 45 seconds.
- Spread the peanut butter on top and enjoy while warm.
- Ponder whether this is more appropriate for breakfast or for dessert. I’m unsure.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Get them here!
Shop the Post