I taught cycle last Friday. That’s the last time I worked out. Unless you count walks on the beach last weekend. Which I do because any prolonged movement is good but it was just so darn relaxing that it didn’t feel like work at all.
I don’t feel guilty for not working out this week. My eating has been way off too. Too much snacking, too much junk. Still don’t feel guilty. But I don’t feel great. I feel puffy and just kind of icky. So it’s time to get back into my healthy routines.
Plus, I realized today that the Blue Ridge Relay is a little over a month away. Ummmm crap. I haven’t run since July 12 . And I’d like to build up to half marathon distance – at least – by race time. Oh, and I’ve got to fit in some tapering too. Doesn’t leave me much time, does it?
So, here’s my plan to get my workout groove back. And keep it.
1. Plan my workouts in advance. Instead of reporting on my workouts in The Weekender, I’m going to outline my workout plans for the week. It’ll hold me accountable.
2. Bring my Brita filter to work and drink more water. I’ve noticed since I’ve moved work buildings and the water cooler is more out of the way from my desk that I’m drinking less. So I’m pretty sure I’m dehydrated…which saps my energy… which makes me not want to work out.
3. Schedule yoga or Body Flow into my workout plan. I know that I’m prone to IT band injuries, especially when I build up my mileage quickly. And since I’ll be racking up some distance pretty quickly, I need to be careful not to get injured. Extra stretching will help. So will The Stick.
4. Use Twitter for motivation. Every time I’ve called out on Twitter that I’m debating whether or not to do a workout, I get a lot of support and encouragement and do the workout. And I’m always glad I did. (Thanks Tweeps!)
5. Keep my house clean. Sounds like an odd one, but when my house is messy (which often since I live here), I feel like everything is a little more difficult to accomplish. Although, I do agree with this statement.
In the spirit of getting started with this plan, here’s my workout plan for the next two days before I do Sunday’s update with the upcoming week’s workouts.
- Tomorrow – Teach RPM
- Saturday – Teach RPM + take Body Pump
- Sunday – Bikram Yoga or Body Flow
I’m glad I’ll be forced to work out to jumpstart my fitness by being on the group fitness schedule on Friday and Saturday.
How do you get your workout groove back when ya lose it?