Since I stopped teaching RPM, I haven’t been good at updating my iPod or creating new playlists for my workouts. I’ve been plugging my headphones into the treadmill and watching TV while I run or just listening to the “Purchased” playlist…which is fine until Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” starts blasting in the middle of an speed interval.
When I was regularly making running playlists, there was a group of songs that always made it onto my iPod. When I was teaching freestyle cycle and got to pick my own music for class, again, the same songs worked their way into class repeatedly. Wanna know what those are? OK, if you insist.
1. Cosmic Love by Florence & the Machine (This might seem a little odd, but it’s easy to get lost in the music and you don’t realize how hard you’re working.)
2. Song 2 by Blur
3. Miss Murder by AFI (Hey Courtney, remember when we saw them live? aww…I miss you…and I WILL call you back soon. Promise.)
4. Next Best Thing by Nikki & Rich (I think Rachel introduced me to this duo)
5. Tonight I’m Loving You by Enrique Iglesias feat. Ludacris
6. Fighter by Christina Aguilera
7. Mercy by Duffy
8. Ain’t Going Down ‘Til the Sun Comes Up by Garth Brooks (Have I told you that the #1 person I want to see live is Garth? It’s true.)
9. Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake
10. Uprising by Muse
K, your turn. I insist. What’s your favorite workout song?
And while I’m thinking of it, who’s gonna play this photo game? I’m in! Be sure to follow me on Instagram (@afoodiestaysfit) or Twitter to see my daily postings. I’ll post some of them on the ol’ bloggy too.