The Best Kind of Bachelorette Party

04/26/2012

This coming Saturday, my lovely friend Anna is getting married! (To a silver fox, I might add…;) )This is Anna with her lovely minnie mouse veil. IMG_4655(BTW, this is a different Anna from the one who just threw the surprise party.)

For her bachelorette party, our friend Caitlin organized a vineyard tour with a driving service (safety first!). We hit three vineyards and enjoyed beautiful weather and lots of laughs.

We visited Hanover Park, RagApple Lassie and Raylen.DSC_0082

DSC_0130DSC_00182

RagApple had a cute cow theme and, um, kind of perverted descriptions of their wines!DSC_0010

IMG_4722

The best part at RagApple was making our own wreaths out of vines from the vineyard! Mine still needs some work (I’m not very crafty), but I stuck it up on my door anyway. And yes, I’m wearing work gloves. Everyone else was smart enough to take them off pre-picture taking. wreath1

After leaving RagApple, we went to Hanover Park and saw that they had a cute wine-themed wreath too! Maybe I’ll glue some corks on mine. Then again, any visitors might think I’m a lush.DSC_0079

RagApple Lassie had the most personality, Hanover Park was the most charming, and Raylen had the best views. This is Hanover Park below…I didn’t even think to take pictures at Raylen. As Anna said, “This picture is so meta.” haha.IMG_4727DSC_0103

At Raylen, they were having their first day where they allowed dogs. So I was in heaven! IMG_4730

I was also apparently in heaven by the sun shining on my face.DSC_0120

I wish we’d had more time to spend at Raylen. It was my favorite vineyard for sitting and chatting. Plus they had live music.DSC_0126

DSC_0128

The hardest part of the day was deciding which bottle of wine to buy. I went with an un-oaked steer barrel Chardonnay from Raylen. IMG_4729

I know she will be such a stunning bride! I mean, look at her! Plus, she’s just as gorgeous inside as she is out. We always have such wonderful, interesting conversations. I’ve learned a lot from her. IMG_4731

I hope Saturday is a wonderful day for you Anna! xo!IMG_4661

Have you ever been to a vineyard? If so, where? Where’s your favorite one? I’ve only been to North Carolina and Virginia ones, but I love Raffaldini and Chateau Morrisette. They both have good wine and beautiful views!

(Thanks for letting me steal some of your pictures Anna! I need your camera! The ones with great color are yours; the bland ones are mine. Dang DSLR!)

1 Miriam@Bellaspire 04/26/2012 at 10:10 pm

What lovely ladies :). Childress and Raffaldini, and Raylen are my favorites! My friend got married at Childress and it was one of the most beautiful weddings I’ve been to! We live in a sweet spot!
Miriam@Bellaspire´s last blog post ..Odds and Ends

2 Ashley 04/27/2012 at 12:33 am

So much fun!! I’ve been to RagApple before!! :)
Ashley´s last blog post ..creamy marinara sauce + kale pasta

3 Beth 04/27/2012 at 7:32 am

I’ve been wanting to get to Raylen and Raffaldini! Just love touring all the wineries we have here in North Carolina. I’m jealous you were there for the dogs and drinks event at Raylen! I wanted to go but we just couldn’t make it. Looks like you all had a great time!
Beth´s last blog post ..Another Kind of Workout

4 Mrs Type A 04/27/2012 at 8:03 am

I went to Raylen for a (heinous) law review dinner and really enjoyed the wine! The Category 5 was awesome. I also went to Elkin Creek, which you should DEFINITELY check out, if you haven’t yet. On certain weekends they make pizzas and you can get a bunch (they’re really good!) and drink wine and then wander the property. It’s by a creek with a swing that is just lovely!

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat 04/27/2012 at 8:59 am

My parents have the same glider on their porch – in a re-done yellow color. Looks like a blast! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat´s last blog post ..Friday Five & A List of Lessons

6 Ann 04/27/2012 at 9:39 am

I love, love, love visiting wineries! I live in Va and there’s so many “right next door.” Some of my favorites are in Charlottesville: King Family, Veritas, and Pollock. One of my best friends lives in Charlotte, NC and is a club member at Hanover Park. Haha. I agree – it is a charming vineyard!

7 Alaina 04/27/2012 at 11:16 am

I love visiting wineries! I’ve been to Napa, the Finger Lakes, and various one’s around Massachusetts and Rhode Island. My favorite was Honig in Napa. So quaint and they powered their winery with solar!
Alaina´s last blog post ..Busy as a Bee

8 Katie 04/27/2012 at 11:48 am

I love that mini-mouse veil! I’ve never been to a vinyard, but you make me want to soooo badly!
Katie´s last blog post ..Kale Salad with Roasted Beets

9 Paige @ Running Around Normal 04/27/2012 at 1:25 pm

I love wineries! And I love your hair. Looks like ya’ll had a blast :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal´s last blog post ..Hunger Fueled by Workout

10 Kim @ HealthyNest 04/27/2012 at 2:35 pm

Oh my gosh! That striped maxi dress is gorgeous! And the mini mouse veil is such a cute idea, what is that made of? Looks like it was an amazing day. :)
Kim @ HealthyNest´s last blog post ..My First Overnight Oats

11 Maria 04/27/2012 at 4:11 pm

That’s exactly what we did for mine! We rented a limo and went to three wineries in Northern Virgina. SO FUN! I love daytime drinking, haha. Glad you had gorgeous weather!
Maria´s last blog post ..Once Upon A Time

12 Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles 04/27/2012 at 5:44 pm

Fun! What a great idea for a bachelorette party! Very cool. I bet the wedding will be a blast as well. Enjoy.
Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles´s last blog post ..Every Woman Needs a Little Sass

13 Alycia 04/28/2012 at 9:45 am

Looks like a great day! But . . . how did I not know about the vineyards when I was living in NC??? Oh yeah, I wasn’t 21 yet. Duh! :) We moved here to WI 2 months after my 21st birthday. Boo!

I hear that there are some great vineyards around here though. My friends and I have talked about making a trip one day, but we never get any farther than the talking part.

14 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed 04/29/2012 at 7:34 pm

Love the Minnie Mouse veil! So cute, I totally want that for my bach. We’re going winetasting for my friend’s bachelorette and I’m so excited! That’s so fun that you made wreaths.
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed´s last blog post ..I did it!

15 Grace 04/29/2012 at 10:43 pm

What a unique bachelorette party! I don’t love the traditional party an drinking…this would be much more up my ally!

16 Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit 04/30/2012 at 3:27 pm

Looks like a fun weekend. I live in Portland and we have tons of vineyards within about 30 min so I’ve gone wine tasting quite a few times…bachelorette parties, husband’s bday, just for fun… My in-laws gave us a membership to a winery for Christmas last year and so we tend to go to that one most of the time now. If you ever see anything by Willakenzie I highly recommend it.
Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit´s last blog post ..Somebody needs a detox