Hi guys! I hope your week is off to a good start. I’ve got the butternut squash rice cooking away on the stove (it smells delicious) and it’s drizzly outside. I seriously love fall. Who doesn’t though? You should probably never trust a person who doesn’t love fall. 😉
Anyway! A few weeks ago, the folks from AT&T sent me an HTC One X phone (and a free month of AT&T service +$100 gift card to buy apps or other things to support a healthy lifestyle) to try out as part of their It’s What You Do With What We Do campaign. I was excited to participate because I was looking at buying an HTC anyway when my iPhone broke last month.
(I like the reminder that came stuck to the phone about texting and driving!)
As part of the campaign, I was encouraged to integrate the HTC with healthy lifestyle. It’s funny, I didn’t realize it before but once I consciously thought about it, I realized that I use technology a ton for my health and fitness goals!
These are the things I do regularly on the HTC to support my health goals.
- MindBody Yoga app (class finder) – used this when I was in Charleston looking up yoga class times
- My Fitness Pal to look up calorie counts in food
- Look up recipes
- Look up nutritional information of restaurant menus – used this when I went out to lunch over the weekend
- Listening to Pandora while working out – used this on my run this morning
The screen on the HTC is big and bright and beautiful. And the camera takes great pictures! However, I don’t like that some of the apps I love for fitness, including the Nike Training Club app, aren’t available on Android. Plus, I don’t find the Android system nearly as intuitive and easy to use as the iPhone.
I’m going to keep using the HTC for a bit and I’ll let you know what I think as I use it more!
What ways do you use technology to support your healthy lifestyle? Any apps I need to try?
UPDATED: Right after I posted this, I learned that there is a whole campaign tied the sticker on the phone…the It Can Wait campaign:
Texting while driving has become a national crisis. More than 100,000 people a year are injured or killed in accidents when a driver is texting and driving. Drivers are 23 times more likely to be in an accident when they’re texting. September 19 is “No Text on Board Pledge Day”. There are multiple ways to get involved and support the campaign.
1. Go to www.itcanwait.com and take the pledge!
2. Download the online banner at www.twibbon.com/itcanwait and add it to your profile picture on Twitter and/or Facebook. Just follow the easy on-screen instructions.
3. Share the message and links with your friends, family, and followers using #itcanwait and tag @ATT.
4. Share Your Story and tell us why you’re taking the pledge: http://itcanwait.com/stories/
5. Download the free DriveMode app available now for Android and BB (more platforms to come). It was conceived by an employee whose life was affected by texting while driving. Videos here.