Revenge + My Go-To Easy Dinner

10/24/2012

hi guys! happy wednesday! Today was another busy, but good, day at the office. I started the day with a 5 mile run on the treadmill with an average 8:15 pace. I don’t typically mind running on treadmills, especially when I have an episode of “Revenge” to catch up on! I didn’t finish it so as soon as I finish this post, I’m pulling it up on Hulu Plus!

Today my friend Tasha and I went to The Basil Leaf Thai & Sushi Restaurant. The basil fried rice was awesome. And a HUGE portion.

IMAG0287But both sushi rolls I got were terrible. Seriously so bland. I’ve never tasted blander sushi in my life. Bummer.

But tonight, I have something that is never bland to look forward to for dinner. Tacos! Well, if I don’t ruin my dinner first with this bread. If you’re local and gluten-free (or even if you’re not), buy this Three Sisters Artisan Bakery Gluten Free Teff Bread. It’s so good!! Especially toasted with a little butter. (I bought it at Whole Foods.)

IMAG0289

Anyway, I digress. I seriously love bean tacos in crunchy shells, especially when they’re made with Rancho Gordo beans. Tacos are my go-to meal when I don’t feel like cooking or nothing sounds good. And now I’ve officially said “taco” so many times that it sounds like a really weird word. :)

Alright, time to chop some lettuce and tomatoes and then watch the end of “Revenge.”

The winner of the Dove giveaway is………

St

Wow! That is so nice! Stephanie, email me your mailing info and I’ll get the prize on its way to you! (afoodiestaysfit@gmail.com). I seriously love reading all the good deeds – it always cheers me up! You’re a great bunch. Awwwww. ;)

What’s your go-to easy dinner meal?

Anyone else hooked on Revenge?

The Basil Leaf Thai&Sushi Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 Lauren 10/24/2012 at 6:45 pm

My go-to meal is probably eggs. I always seem to go to them for lunch these days when I’m pressed for time and don’t feel like putting too much energy into anything else.

2 Jessica J 10/24/2012 at 7:09 pm

My go-to meal is roasted veggies tossed spaghetti. I always seem to have a ton of vegetables going to waste in my fridge and it’s an easy way to use a bunch at once.

I WAS hooked on Revenge until Hulu Plus took down all the first season episodes. I was so bummed that I emailed their support team. They informed me that their license only allows them to carry the current season… so if I start in the second season, will I be able to follow along? Or do I need to track down the rest of the first season?

3 Teri 10/29/2012 at 8:49 pm

Ummm I think you’ll be able to follow along. They do a number of flash backs!

4 Andrea @ Vegvacious 10/25/2012 at 9:43 am

I am totally hooked on Revenge too – I’m loving this new season!

My go-to dinner right now is quesadillas. I love a pumpkin/caramelized veggie combo or an breakfast for dinner egg/veg combo!

5 Teri 10/29/2012 at 8:48 pm

omg, pumpkin quesadilla??? that sounds incredible. do you still put cheddar cheese in there?

6 Andrea@Vegvacious 10/29/2012 at 8:52 pm

Cheddar or a little mozza works well! Cheese is a must :)

7 Trisha 10/25/2012 at 9:06 pm

Love Revenge & need to get caught up on the last episode too. However, every single week I get so worked up when “Emily” has scenes with Jack. In my mind I’m screaming “JUST TELL HIM YOU’RE AMANDA!!” Especially when they were losing Sammy. :(

8 Teri 10/29/2012 at 8:32 pm

hahahaha! YES! I think that all the time too!

9 Mary @ Fit and Fed 10/25/2012 at 11:06 pm

That teff bread looks so good, too bad I’m not local! I haven’t even seen teff or teff flour for sale locally, and we have a really good co-op. Now I’m curious about it. Our go-to meal is canned beans combined with canned corn, whatever veggies are convenient to chop and toss in (usually bell peppers or other peppers if we have them) and a little hot sauce.

10 Brittany @ Proteinandpumps.com 10/26/2012 at 6:54 pm

my go-to meal is scrambled eggs. It’s not that I’m a huge fan of eggs but they are so easy, you can spice them up if you want, and they’re filling!

11 Teri 10/29/2012 at 8:46 pm

I always forget about eggs!!

12 SuzanneU 10/26/2012 at 9:00 pm

My go to meal is always salad. We always have an avacado and salad mixings in the fridge. May be a weird salad sometimes…

Love revenge but the narrative is getting a bit tiresome.

13 Teri 10/29/2012 at 8:47 pm

I was thinking the same thing about the narrative after watching the last episode. :/