The Weekender!

10/22/2012

Hi guys! I’ve been a bum about The Weekender lately! Sorry about that! So many of you have told me that you look forward to The Weekender so I always feel a bit bad when I don’t get one up! But it’s been busy over here with lots of great things, including a visit from my bestie Courtney and her husband Brent! More on that later (I have some gorgeous pictures to share from Stone Mountain!) – tonight, let’s read some good links! And pretend it’s still the weekend. :)

The Weekender

• Do you know your sushi etiquette? I broke two of the rules yesterday when Courtney and I ate sushi at Ichiban. Oops.
  • Why are you so tired? This might be the real reason.

The Week in Fitness

• S – Vigorous Vinyasa Flow @ Village Yoga
  • M – Body Pump
  • T – Kickboxing (Courtney and I used to love going to this class when she lived here so it was fun to go together again!)
  • W – Gentle hike around Pilot Mountain
  • Th – 4.75 mile run & Vigorous Vinyasa Flow @ Village Yoga
  • F – 3.5 mile run
  • S – hike Stone Mountain

What’s one thing you’ve learned about your health in the past year? I’ve learned how important having down-time and simplifying my life is to my overall health, both physical and emotional.

1 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance 10/22/2012 at 7:06 pm

I really like The Weekender….thanks for continuing! :)

I’ve learned that stress is more harmful to my health and well being than I realized. I need to be mindful of the stressors in my life and maintain a better balance.

2 Teri 10/23/2012 at 6:41 pm

glad you like it! amen about stress. it’s just so hard!

3 Stacy 10/22/2012 at 8:04 pm

What a great round-up, Teri! I hadn’t seen that HuffPo article and found myself nodding along as I read it. Some really important points.

4 Lauren 10/22/2012 at 8:30 pm

Ah, I love what you’ve learned! So true! Random question, are you still teaching RPM?

5 Teri 10/23/2012 at 6:45 pm

No, I’m not and I TOTALLY miss it! But I think if I haven’t taught in a year that I have to get re-certified… ??

6 Maria 10/22/2012 at 8:31 pm

Some great reads in here! I just packed for a 6 night trip to NYC and am proud to say I am carrying on. My secret: a quilted duffle bag – holds so much more stuff than a roller bag and smushes anywhere.

I just re-shared the article on passion and careers to my friend. To be honest, I am tired of being told that I need to find my passion and my passion must BE my career (even a lot of blogs say this!), so this article really resonated with me and makes me feel a bit better about not absolutely ADORING my job every single day.

Umm, one last thing – congrats on an amazing workout week!

7 Teri 10/23/2012 at 6:48 pm

the duffle bag is smart! but i love having wheels to tote it through the airport!

I’m so glad you enjoyed that article. I had the same response to it. :)

and thanks! I felt really good about my workouts last week too!

8 Stacy @ Stacy Eats 10/23/2012 at 11:12 am

Great articles, thanks for sharing! I’m running my first marathon this weekend and I can’t even fathom doing it in flip flops – craziness!

9 Teri 10/23/2012 at 7:18 pm

GOOD LUCK!!!! I hope you have a great experience! Enjoy it – all the hard work is behind you and the race is just the celebration. :)

10 janetha {meals & moves} 10/23/2012 at 3:17 pm

Yay! I always love your links. Off to lurk…

11 Teri 10/23/2012 at 7:21 pm

And I always love you. :)

12 Jen 10/23/2012 at 6:33 pm

Hi! Would you mind giving us a re-cap of how Cosmedix is working for your skin? I am a recent reader, but I suffer from adult acne and found your posts on your skin to be really informative!! I would love to know how it’s working out for you.

13 Teri 10/23/2012 at 7:23 pm

you bet! I’ll put it up soon! Sorry to hear you’re struggling with acne too – it’s so frustrating :(