Hi guys! I’ve been a bum about The Weekender lately! Sorry about that! So many of you have told me that you look forward to The Weekender so I always feel a bit bad when I don’t get one up! But it’s been busy over here with lots of great things, including a visit from my bestie Courtney and her husband Brent! More on that later (I have some gorgeous pictures to share from Stone Mountain!) – tonight, let’s read some good links! And pretend it’s still the weekend.
- Holy crap, you won’t believe how fast this guy ran a marathon in FLIP FLOPS.
- Traveling anytime soon? I travel a good bit and hate checking a bag so this article with 5 tips for fitting it all in a carry-on was perfect for me.
- They say you should follow your passion. One guy argues that’s a load of crap and you should do something else. (That article is one of my favorite reads in a long time.)
- Do you know your sushi etiquette? I broke two of the rules yesterday when Courtney and I ate sushi at Ichiban. Oops.
- Why are you so tired? This might be the real reason.
- I loved this article about 30 things one woman learned by the time she turned 30. Take notes if even if you’re far from 30.
The Week in Fitness
- S – Vigorous Vinyasa Flow @ Village Yoga
- M – Body Pump
- T – Kickboxing (Courtney and I used to love going to this class when she lived here so it was fun to go together again!)
- W – Gentle hike around Pilot Mountain
- Th – 4.75 mile run & Vigorous Vinyasa Flow @ Village Yoga
- F – 3.5 mile run
- S – hike Stone Mountain
What’s one thing you’ve learned about your health in the past year? I’ve learned how important having down-time and simplifying my life is to my overall health, both physical and emotional.