Tuesday Tidbits

10/09/2012

(1) I hate the word “tidbits” but I like alliteration.

(2) I wish I had more patience in learning the Android operating system on the HTC One X. Everyone I’ve talked to says Android > iPhone but more and more I find myself busting out the iPhone because I’m just used to it and it’s faster for me….especially with emails. I love the swipe typing but the email apps are terrible! I always bust out the HTC to take pictures though. :) If you’re an Android junkie, tell me how to become more savvy with all the organizing/secret tricks/tips/anything.

Htc

(3) I did Body Pump for the first time in a few months last night. I could barely wash my hair afterwards because my shoulders were so tired. And then I tried to do yoga this morning. After class, another yogi in class said, “You must be sore because I know you can do all that stuff you were skipping.” Ha!

(4) I finally bought a Clarisonic. I used a gift certificate I got through my health insurance, plus I purchased it through eBates so I got 8% cash back which means I’ll get $12 back. It might not sound like a lot but using eBates consistently really adds up. Anyway, I haven’t noticed anything dramatic with my Clarisonic other than a bit more little breakouts but I think it might be getting out old junk that’s been trapped. That’s my logic anyway.

(5) Look into Blue Points (see #4) if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. You earn points for working out and eating vegetables and points translate into gift cards!

(6) I went to the loveliest wedding on Saturday. The decorations and venue were beautiful but the vows, obvious love between the two, and unique/funny/heartfelt ceremony were even more beautiful. And I finally got to see these cool lanterns I’d heard so much about! My friend Anna wanted to do them when we threw an engagement party but there were too many trees around.

(7) I’m going to be giving away something preeeetty sweet this week. Stay tuned.

(8) I owe you guys a post on how I became a faster runner and a post on how I budget. I know, they’re long overdue! I’m sorry! Any other posts you’ve asked for that I’m delinquent on?

1 Michelle @ Eat Move Balance 10/09/2012 at 8:02 pm

Very interesting about the BCBS insurance point system . . . I’m going to look into that! Thanks!

2 Ashley 10/09/2012 at 8:05 pm

I’d love to hear more about how you became a fast runner. Can’t wait for the post!

3 Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed 10/09/2012 at 9:06 pm

I was at a wedding on Saturday with those paper lanterns, but some of them got caught in the trees directly next to a house… the hose was brought out and everything was fine, but it was kinda intense!
Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed´s last blog post ..And Photo Dump, Go!

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey 10/09/2012 at 9:19 pm

I have BCBS!! I need to look into this – thanks!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey´s last blog post ..chicago marathon 2012 spectator recap

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey 10/09/2012 at 9:21 pm

and tidbits is a wonky word. and apparently i like alliteration too.

6 A 10/09/2012 at 9:56 pm

I will be interested to hear how you like your Clarisonic in the long term. It’s a huge investment and I haven’t seen the results that I would have liked!
A´s last blog post ..New Beginnings

7 Roughly A Runner 10/09/2012 at 10:16 pm

I have Blue Shield!!! Totally going to look into that program! Thanks for the tip
Roughly A Runner´s last blog post ..Vegans, Raw Foodies, Omnivores Oh My!

8 Anne 10/09/2012 at 10:59 pm

I would love to hear about how you became a faster runner. I started running a few months ago and just I just completed my first 5K! Thanks for the tip about Blue Points I will definitely have to look into those!
Anne´s last blog post ..Sweet Potato and Sausage Stew

9 Kallah 10/10/2012 at 6:21 am

Def want to hear abt the fast running! Are you like me where it was a natural result of changing your form thanks to the FiveFingers?
I used to be ridiculously slow and I’m getting to the 8.5 min mile territory, even for the long runs!! Woot woot!
Kallah´s last blog post ..With My Family in the Upstate

10 Michelle 10/10/2012 at 6:55 am

“Tuesday Tangents” works just as well-because you’re right “tidbits” is a very terrible word haha :)

11 Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! 10/10/2012 at 10:39 am

I love my Clarisonic! But it definitely took a few weeks for me to start seeing any results, I think you’re right on the “cleaning our the gunk” logic.
Cant wait to hear about how you became a faster runner – I’d really like to improve my running speed, so I’m very interested to see what worked for you!
Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover!´s last blog post ..WIAW – October #plantPOWER

12 Miki 10/10/2012 at 1:54 pm

I’ve been earning points through BCBS Blue Points for years. Unfortunately, now when I log in, it says the program is ending 12/30/2012. Not sure if that is just through my employer or if the program is ending. Just FYI in case you need to cash in points before year end.

13 Julie 10/10/2012 at 2:19 pm

LOVE Body Pump!!! :)

Wow, those lanterns look like a REALLY bad idea…

14 Katie 10/11/2012 at 8:21 am

Those lanterns are so beautiful! I want an occasion to use them.
Katie´s last blog post ..Pumpkin Ice Cream + Cornflake Crunch

15 Sara @ sarasmiles 10/13/2012 at 11:58 am

I’ve been using a clarisonic for about a year now. You will be so glad you bought one!
Sara @ sarasmiles´s last blog post ..Now I REALLY Want a Vitamix

16 Ellie@Fit for the Soul 10/14/2012 at 11:19 pm

I love the look of those lantern thingies!! ahhh looks like it’s from a fairytale movie. :D