Hi friends! ‘Tis the season for holiday shopping. I love buying presents for friends, but you know how I feel about budgeting. You can spoil your friends without busting the bank; here are some ideas. They are all $30 or less, some much less. (With one $36 exception, #24.) Many of these will work for the non-fitness fanatics in your life too.
1. Magazine subscription to Runner’s World, Yoga Journal or Women’s Health.
2. A huge assortment or GUs, ShotBloks, and/or Honey Stingers.
3. Running gloves
4. A running hat
5. Arm warmers
7. Fancy workout socks (Injijis for the VFF runners or SmartWool for regular shod runners. My mom who has been running for, ahem 4 decades – love ya mom, don’t kill me! – swears by SmartWool even in the summer)
9. Gift certificate to a local yoga studio (I love Village Yoga in Winston Salem)
10. Peppermint lotion for sore feet after tough workouts (I like the Burt’s Bee’s version)
11. Bath salts for soaking sore muscles
12. A pedicure gift certificate
13. Bamboxer Briefs (for the boys) or Bamboyshorts (for the ladies). [Note: I personally haven't tried either of these, but one of my guy friend ordered about a dozen pairs of the briefs because he loves them so much. And I've loved everything I've worn from Five Bamboo so I bet the Bamboyshorts would be no exception.] Don’t forget that you get 20% off with the code “bamboostaysfit”
15. Contigo travel coffee mug (it keeps coffee hot for literally hours). Check your Costco – they often have 2-packs for a steal.
16. Pay the race entry fee for their next 5K.
17. A mini orchid (my local Whole Foods carries them).
19. An assortment of dark chocolate (I like Endangered Species, Green & Black and Chocolove)
20. Red wine. Always red wine.
22. New running shorts – bonus, if you run with them, you’ll appreciate their freshness.
23. Shower steam disks – it’s like a steam room in the shower. ahhhhh. I especially like ones with eucalyptus.
24. A year subscription to Pandora One (commercial free Pandora) – this one is $36.
26. Weight training gloves (these are the ones I have)
28. The best smelling candle ever (Or buy this version of it and it not only smells good but looks pretty while burning.) Guys like that Volcano candle too but if you want something more masculine, check out these man candles.
Remember, if you buy anything online, don’t forget to use eBates so you get cash back. Your loved ones don’t have to know. Happy shopping!
Share your budget-friendly gift ideas in the comments section. We’ll all appreciate it!