Hey guys, I hope you’ve had a good weekend. Mine has been pretty low-key – just doing some projects around the house and enjoying the drizzly warm weather. I took an incredible Power Flow class yesterday at Village Yoga and last night I went to see “Argo” with my friend Whitney at Aperture Cinema. We both loved it. Seriously, it’s a fantastic movie – go see it.
Today I woke up exhausted – I haven’t slept well the past few nights – but I went on a run with a friend and was just miserable the whole time. We ended up doing about 5 miles and I felt really dizzy and completely drained by the end. I probably should have just taken the day off but I hate bailing on a friend. At least I have some flowers to perk me up. I bought these yesterday at Whole Foods. I love having fresh flowers in the house; it always feels like such an indulgence but the amount of happiness fresh flowers bring me is worth $8.
Here’s the weekender for ya! enjoy!
- Have I told you guys how much i love Rachel’s new blog, The House Always Wins?
- Do you take ibuprofen before workouts? Stop it. (I used to always take two ibuprofen before a half marathon when I was dealing with IT band problems – in case you missed it, here’s how I stopped getting injured.)
- Get more sh*t done with these tips.
- I sure like Gracie. She’s a pretty wise gal.
- I’m so proud of the twins for publishing their first e-book cookbook. And I can not WAIT to try the recipes in it. (I put this on my wish list for Christmas )
The Week in Fitness
S – rest day (I was still sore from my half marathon PR)
M – Pure Barre
T – rest
W – 30 min elliptical
Th - full body strength training (free weights)
F – 3 mile treadmill run + shoulders/biceps/triceps/core
S – Power Flow Yoga
Have a great week! xo
How often do you buy fresh flowers? Did you read anything good this past week? Share the link!