I have a confession: I’ve been struggling with breakfast lately. [Was that a lame confession? Sorry. :)] My steel cut oats haven’t been filling me up and I’m sick of eggs. So when my friend Crystal told me about her little coffee protein breakfast shake, I had to try it. (Thanks Crystal!)
Coffee Protein Breakfast Shake
- 1 cup brewed coffee, slightly cooled if you have time OR just use 1 teaspoon finely ground coffee or instant coffee
- 1/2 c – 1 c milk of choice; I use almond milk.
- Add more or less depending on how thick you like your shake and more if you didn’t use brewed coffee
- 1/2 banana (frozen is best!)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like Vega Sport, Garden of Life, PlantFusion, or Sunwarrior).
- ice, if desired (I usually leave out the ice because I never wait for my coffee to cool, so it’s kind of a luke-warm mixture. It doesn’t bother me!)
- Optional: add xanthum gum for thickness & maca for a boost of energy and to help you recover from hard workouts
Combine in a blender and drink while doing your make-up and/or while blow-drying your hair while reading a book. 🙂
[I’m seriously turning into my mom. She always read a book while blowdrying her hair and now I do it too. I also said “Oh heavens” today, just like her. It totally cracks me up. Good thing I really like my mom! :)]
Quick note about blenders: I am obsessed with my Vitamix blender and 100% think it’s worth the investment, but this Ninja blender is solid too, or this Ninja set is a great option if you’re not blending anything too fibrous or hard.
What’s your favorite breakfast these days? Links to recipes/blog posts welcome! 🙂
Are you turning into your mom?
Shop the Post