Hi friends! I hope you are having a great weekend. Mine has been lovely. (I swear I say that every weekend…but what can I say, I love my non-busy weekends of late!)
On Friday night, I went to Mozelle’s for a girls night with two of my co-workers who are also two of my good friends. Seriously, is there anything better than having co-workers that are good friends? It makes work so much better. [Yes, Maizey is obsessed with Tasha, Whitney has a halo, and I look pregnant. I'm not. Promise.] Mozelle’s was delicious as always.
Yesterday I went running with a friend with grand plans to run 12-13 miles. We went to the Muddy Creek Greenway and wouldn’t you know it…it was very muddy. From all the rain and snow and freezing temps we’ve had, the trail had flooded and was covered in goopy mud, huge puddles, black ice, and frozen ripply mud that hurts us Vibram-shod runners. Even if you are a ninja-like Vibram-shod runner.
We got about 2.5 miles in and reached a part of the trail that was a small lake so we finally had to turn around. We ended up stopping at 5 miles instead of trying to loop back and forth to get in miles because it was just too difficult to get in a groove with the messed up trail and it was kind of scary with the ice. Oh well. It was still a good workout and we’re going to try again on Monday since we have the day off work. I hit the gym after the run for a short upper body workout.
After the workout, I meandered down Burke Street. It is turning into quite the cute little area of town. I’ll share the outing pictures tomorrow. For now, let’s get to The Weekender. Although I could argue that since I explored Burke on the weekend that it should go on The Weekender. But I won’t argue that. Because then the post will be reeeaaalllly long and I’ll bore you. Aren’t you glad I just argued with myself for your sake? Yes, yes that was productive. You’re welcome.
- Check out the latest minimalist shoes. i’m intrigued. And kind of scared.
- Don’t toss those used coffee grounds.
- Seriously, bullying kids with food allergies???
- Sitting is the smoking of our generation. [Ahem, excuse me while I get off my keister.]
- Homemade peanut butter cups with graham crackers. Don’t mind if I do. [Well, my body might mind the gluten in the graham crackers, but there has to be a GF substitute, right? Never mind that I'm sitting here --- err, standing, ahem --- enjoying a glutenous score from Camino…sometimes the bloating and headache and skin tingles that follow are worth it. And yes, this scone is worth it.]
The Week in Fitness
S - short run. outside. in shorts + short-sleeved t-shirt. Sigh. come back warmth!
M – Run 4 miles (treadmill intervals)
T – run 5 miles (steady 8:20 pace)
W – 10 min. elliptical + full body weights
Th – Rest. slept in since I was up all night and then skipped it in the evening so I could enjoy the snow
F – Rest. slept in since the roads were scary after said snow
S – 5 mile run + upper body weights
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! xo
P.S. Do you like my Facebook page? You really should. All the cool kids are doing it.