Turkey Breast Sliders on Pan-Fried Polenta

01/31/2013

Hey guys! This has been a busy week. Fun but busy! Tuesday night Crystal came up for a little visit – yay! – and we raided Trader Joe’s together. I had gone there the night before and purchased pretty much everything that Meg had served on Saturday night: pre-cooked rice, spicy guacamole, spicy hummus, corn chips. She also served salad, fish and wine, but I already had that. :) I also got some mahi mahi that I served Tuesday night when Crystal came up – recipe later. I need to make it again so I can photograph it for you.

Anyway! On Tuesday, I got to hang with Crystal and then last night I had dinner with some friends at a new-to-me (and relatively new to Winston-Salem) restaurant, Five Points. It was pretty good! I had their warm goat cheese salad with dates (which had too few dates and way too many dried cranberries) and the prime burger, medium rare, hold the bun please.

When I was at Trader Joe’s the first time this week, I also bought some turkey breast, which I haven’t had in over a year. Since I don’t really like gluten-free sandwich bread, I was trying to think of another way to enjoy it. Enter polenta.

I just sliced the polenta thinly, pan-fried it in a little olive oil until lightly brown, slightly crispy and extra delicious. Served with a side of broccoli.

For lunch the next day, I did the same thing but stuck some spinach in there. This is a new favorite.

Turkey Breast Sliders on Pan-fried Polenta

1. Buy pre-cooked turkey breast. I like the herby stuff.

2. Buy pre-cooked polenta. Slice said polenta – about 1/4″ thick or a tad thinner.

3. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and drizzle a little olive oil in there. Cook the polenta on each side for 3-4 minutes, until brown. Turn carefully so it doesn’t break!

4. Slide some turkey in between two slices. Slide a little spinach in there too if you want. Enjoy slider. :)

Pssst – I’m thinking of getting this hair color at my appointment this weekend. I can’t tell if I love the color or really just love the length and curls. Well I know I love the color, but I wonder if I’d like it as much on my straight hair. Or maybe I’d just have to curl it more often. :) Thoughts?

K, gotta run – have a great day! xo

1 Suzanne 01/31/2013 at 8:17 am

I actually really love that hair color (and the style too!). I think it would look great on you!

2 Teri [a foodie stays fit] 01/31/2013 at 12:35 pm

thanks Suzanne!

3 Bri ttany Landers 01/31/2013 at 11:35 am

Yum! I love that lunch meat, because it’s hormone-free and not horrible for you like non-organic kinds. Also, that hair cut/color/style is gorgeous! Love it, do it.

-Brittany of @suburbchicblog

4 Teri [a foodie stays fit] 01/31/2013 at 12:36 pm

I don’t know much about different lunch meats other than nitrates are bad so I’m glad to know this was a good choice :) Thanks!

5 Lauren 01/31/2013 at 1:14 pm

These look fantastic!! I’m all about a good slider and I love the idea of using polenta.
PS- That hair is amazing! God what I wouldn’t do for that length and body!
Lauren´s last blog post ..Product Review: Lean Cuisine’s New Culinary Collection

6 christina 01/31/2013 at 3:22 pm

Ohhh I’m obsessed with that turkey! So good. PRetty hair!
christina´s last blog post ..Comment on Spicy Lentil Patties with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Jeff Amador

7 olviya@servingsisters.com 02/01/2013 at 5:06 pm

I have had a roll of TJ’s polenta sitting in my pantry for weeks, and now I finally know what to do with it!

I love the hair! I think the color would look great on you.
olviya@servingsisters.com´s last blog post ..Happy Weekend!

8 Karen 02/03/2013 at 6:28 pm

Love that hair color! Can’t wait to see what you went with…

9 Afithealthyandhappylife.com 02/08/2013 at 9:22 pm

I make this with different toppings and is delicious. Had it today with tomato bruschetta. Yum!

10 andrea 02/13/2013 at 11:02 am

I like your hair color. Did you end up telling your stylist to use the colors in this picture?