Did you read the title of this post? Yes? Good. Then you have today’s recipe. 🙂
Ok, fine I’ll explain it a little more. But only because I like you guys.
Get some chicken. I like to buy local.
Get some pineapple salsa. I like to buy Trader Jose’s.
Put the salsa over your chicken in a crockpot. Cook it. Cook it good. In an oldie-but-a-goodie crockpot, preferably. (This was my grandmother’s.)
It’s delicious. See?
Serve it however your heart desires. Taco salad. Straight from the pot. With rice & beans. Or, like i did, in corn tortillas.
With guacamole. Duh. Of course, guacamole. You could add more to your tacos, like lettuce, peppers, rice, cilantro, lime, tomato, etc. But I didn’t have any of that on hand and I was too lazy to go to the store. So simple tacos it was.
Pineapple Salsa Crockpot Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs or so)
- 1/2 jar (12 oz) Trader Joe’s Pineapple Salsa
1. Put the uncooked chicken breasts in your crockpot.
2. Pour the salsa over the chicken breasts. Add a little water (2-3 tablespoons) to the empty salsa jar and swirl around to loosen the remaining salsa. Pour into the crockpot.
3. Put the lid on and cook for 6 hours on medium heat.
4. Shred with a fork (it should be super tender) and let sit for another 10-20 minutes low on low heat before serving.
You can easily cook 4 breasts with a whole jar of salsa. But I only had half a jar of salsa so I didn’t. 🙂