Hi, I’m Teri! Thanks for visiting my blog!
How about I give you a little background so you know who is behind A Foodie Stays Fit? Let’s go!
- I’m 31 years old.
- I was raised in Utah, but currently live in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I LOVE my town.
- I love running & CrossFit. I’ve run one marathon, three 180-mile relay races, multiple half marathons and 5K-10Ks, and have been doing CrossFit since December 2014. Check out my Races page for pictures and times, and my Gear Page for my must-have running & CrossFit gear! I’m also a certified group fitness and Les Mills RPM instructor, but am not currently teaching.
- My current half marathon PR is 1:33.
- I have a boxer named Maizey. I’m slightly obsessed with her, as you may have figured out by the fact that she gets her own page on my blog.
- I really love food. Good food. Real food. I believe in putting wholesome food (not food products) into my body. On a daily basis, I eat a lot of leafy greens, fish, nuts, quinoa, rice, and wine. 🙂 I eat gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free as much as possible. I figured out a lot of my health issues were related to those products so I avoid them 99% of the time.
- I was a vegetarian for a few years, and then a pescatarian (i.e. fish eater, not a meat eater) for a few years. I don’t restrict any meat these days and just eat whatever my body is craving.
- I love to cook and bake. I ate my mom’s famous homemade bread my whole life and still love to bake it myself when I want to splurge on gluten or want to take something to my neighbors.
- I regularly practice yoga. I was a Bikram (hot yoga) addict in the past but am currently hooked on Vinyasa and Power Flow. I also love Pure Barre.
- I have five brothers. And I’m the only girl. And the youngest. I wasn’t spoiled…I just happen to be the favorite. 😉
- I’ve worked in Corporate America in financial services for over 10 years. I currently work at a large national bank doing marketing and social media. I LOVE my job and feel so lucky to have a gig I enjoy.
- DISCLAIMER: Blogging is not my full-time gig, but running a blog isn’t free. I have to pay for WordPress updates, hosting fees, domain fees, and other expenses to keep this site up and functioning and hacker-free. To help keep my blog accessible and free, I do link to affiliate links from time to time and receive a small percentage of purchases you make. I do not link to products that I wouldn’t personally buy, so rest assured I won’t refer you to crap! 🙂
Wanna know more? Just ask! 🙂 Leave a comment or email me: afoodiestaysfit [at] gmail [dot] com