Hi, I’m Teri! Thanks for visiting my blog!
How about I give you a little background so you know who is behind A Foodie Stays Fit? Let’s go!
- I’m 30 years old.
- I was raised in Utah, but currently live in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- I love running, and run in Vibram FiveFingers. I’ve run one marathon, three 180-mile relay races, multiple half marathons and 5K-10Ks. Check out my Races page for pictures and times! I’m also a certified group fitness and Les Mills RPM instructor, but am not currently teaching.
- My current half marathon PR is 1:34 and I’m thinking about trying to qualify for Boston in 2015. We’ll see!
- I have a boxer named Maizey. I’m slightly obsessed with her, as you may have figured out by the fact that she gets her own page on my blog.
- I really love food. Good food. Real food. I believe in putting wholesome food (not food products) into my body. On a daily basis, I eat a lot of leafy greens, fish, nuts, quinoa, rice, and wine. I eat gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free as much as possible. I figured out a lot of my health issues were related to those products so I avoid them 99% of the time.
- I was a vegetarian for a few years, and then a pescatarian (i.e. fish eater, not a meat eater) for a few years. I don’t restrict any meat these days and just eat whatever my body is craving.
- I love to cook and bake. I ate my mom’s famous homemade bread my whole life and still love to bake it myself when I want to splurge on gluten or want to take something to my neighbors.
- I regularly practice yoga. I was a Bikram (hot yoga) addict in the past but am currently hooked on Vinyasa and Power Flow. I also love Pure Barre.
- I have five brothers. And I’m the only girl. And the youngest. I wasn’t spoiled…I just happen to be the favorite.
- I love traveling and being outdoors. I constantly miss the Utah mountains that I took for granted growing up.
- I’ve worked in Corporate America in financial services for over 8 years. I currently work at a large national bank doing marketing and social media. I LOVE my job and feel so lucky to finally have a gig that’s a perfect fit for me.
There you go. TMI.
Wanna know more? Just ask!
Email me: afoodiestaysfit [at] gmail [dot] comTweet