Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! How about I give you a little TMI so you know who is behind A Foodie Stays Fit? Let’s go!
My first name is TeriLyn. I usually go by Teri. (But really prefer TeriLyn. Oh, and it’s Teri-Lyn, not TerAlyn.) Nice to meet you!
- I’m 28 years old.
- I was raised in Utah, but currently live in North Carolina.
- I have a boxer named Maizey. I’m slightly obsessed with her, as you may have figured out by the fact that she gets her own page on my blog.
- I really love food. Good food. Real food. I believe in putting wholesome food (not food products) into my body. On a daily basis, I eat a lot of leafy greens, lean meat, fish, nuts, quinoa, rice, and wine. I eat gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free as much as possible. I figured out a lot of my health issues were related to those products so I avoid them 99% of the time. The hardest to avoid is soy.
- I was a vegetarian for a few years, and then a pescatarian (i.e. fish eater, not a meat eater) for a few years. But I introduced meat back into my diet about 6 months ago and have been feeling great!
- I love to bake. I ate my mom’s famous homemade bread my whole life and still love to bake it myself when I want to splurge on gluten or want to take something to my neighbors.
- I love running. I’ve run one marathon, three 180-mile relay races, multiple half marathons and 5K-10Ks. Check out my Races page for pictures and times! I’m also a certified group fitness and Les Mills RPM instructor, but am not currently teaching.
- I regularly practice yoga. I was a Bikram (hot yoga) addict in the past but am currently hooked on Vinyasa and Power Flow. I also took up Pure Barre a few months ago.
- I have five brothers. And I’m the only girl. And the youngest. I wasn’t spoiled…I just happen to be the favorite.
- I love traveling and being outdoors. I desperately miss the Utah mountains.
- I work full-time at a bank. No, I’m not a teller. I’m work in Advertising on the Digital Strategy team.
- I keep a Brita filter at my desk. I drink a lot of water. And green tea.
- I love red wine.
- I hate cucumbers.
- I change my hair a lot. I’ve had it very long, very short and everything in between. It’s been platinum blonde, a more natural-looking blonde, black, all shades of brown, red, auburn, and I’ve even had maroon highlights.
There you go. TMI.
Wanna know more? Just ask!
Email me: afoodiestaysfit [at] gmail [dot] com
Or find me on Twitter @afoodiestaysfit
Or follow me on FacebookTweet