Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! How about I give you a little TMI so you know who is behind A Foodie Stays Fit? Let’s go!
My first name is TeriLyn. I usually go by Teri. (But really prefer TeriLyn. Oh, and it’s Teri-Lyn, not TerAlyn.) Nice to meet you!
- I’m 28 years old.
- I was raised in Utah, but currently live in North Carolina.
- I have a boxer named Maizey. I’m slightly obsessed with her, as you may have figured out by the fact that she gets her own page on my blog.
- I really love food. Good food. Real food. I believe in putting wholesome food (not food products) into my body. On a daily basis, I eat a lot of produce, oatmeal, fish, tempeh, beans, nuts, seeds, and peanut butter.
- I’m mostly a pescatarian (i.e. I eat fish). I’m not a meat lover, never really have been. I don’t eat meat for many reasons (e.g. health, hurts my belly, environmental impact, ethics, taste, laziness). But I will likely sneak a few bites of bacon and filet mignon off your plate if you have it. Soooo good.
- So how do I get protein? I use beans, quinoa, fish, and tempeh as my main protein sources (supplementing with protein powder as necessary). I love cheese, ice cream, and yogurt, but dairy makes my intestines wage war.
- I love to bake. I ate my mom’s famous homemade bread my whole life and still love to bake it myself. I make whole-wheat flax bread on a regular basis. I also love to bake cookies of all kinds, which is kind of a problem since I tend to eat the majority of them myself.
- I love running. I’ve run one marathon, three 180-mile relay races, multiple half marathons and 5K-10Ks. Check out my Races page for pictures and times! I’m also a certified group fitness and Les Mills RPM instructor, but am not currently teaching.
- I regularly practice yoga. I was a Bikram (hot yoga) addict in the past but am currently hooked on Vinyasa and Power Flow.
- I have five brothers. And I’m the only girl. And the youngest. I wasn’t spoiled…I just happen to be the favorite.
- I love travelling and being outdoors. I desperately miss the Utah mountains.
- I work full-time at a bank. No, I’m not a teller. I’m in Advertising & Marketing.
- I keep a Brita filter at my desk. I drink a lot of water. And green tea.
- I love red wine.
- I hate cucumbers.
- I change my hair a lot. I’ve had it very long, very short and everything in between. It’s been platinum blonde, a more natural-looking blonde, black, all shades of brown, red, auburn, and I’ve even had maroon highlights.
There you go. TMI.
Wanna know more? Just ask!