Blogs I <3
Healthy Living Blogs
- Abby Normally - her about page explains it much better than I can, but her blog is about making a healthy life be the new normal. I love that simple mantra. And she’s also a Vibram FiveFingers runner.
- Carrots ‘N’ Cake – This blog makes healthy living seem so achievable; Tina blogs about a balanced approach to eating (and her adorable pug, Murphy).
- Chocolate Covered Katie – Her tagline probably explains her blog best: “because you shouldn’t have to choose between good health and good taste.” Amen, sista!
- Choosing Raw – Love love love this website. So informative. Well-written. Not extreme. Inspiring.
- Daily Garnish - Emily went to culinary school and makes healthy eating look so easy. And delicious. And she’s just downright awesome. Trust me, I’ve met her “in real life.”
- Fitness NYC – I try not to hate her since I fantasize about living in NYC myself. She’s a runner, but also posts about lots of other forms of exercises she tries out.
- Girl Meets Life- Oh, how I love Gracie. She has such a positive attitude and it shines in her blog. She has lots of thoughtful, insightful posts and it’s easy to tell she loves life.
- Healthy Ashley – A vegan, Ashley signs up for marathons on a whim (seriously) and tells about the ups and downs of her healthy life.
- Healthy Tipping Point – She received a wake-up call when her friend called her out on her unhealthy habits and told her she needed to change. Instead of being bitter and hurt, she made some big changes. She is also the founder of Operation Beautiful.
- Heather Eats Almond Butter – She posts lots of creative recipes and makes healthy eating look so good [and makes healthy desserts look not healthy. ]
- Heather’s Dish – She works at a “world-renowned ski apparel company” (how cool is that?) and blogs about her healthy approach on her weight-loss journey.
- I’m an Okie - Lisa is from Oklahoma and makes me wonder how I’ve missed out on so many wonderful restaurants when I’ve visited my in-laws. I love her honest posts and her reasonable approach to diet and fitness.
- Iowa Girl Eats – This girl makes living in the Midwest seem like the ideal life. She posts lots of simple recipes and she just seems like your favorite, friendly cute-girl-next door.
- Meals & Moves – Janetha is from Utah too! After a snowboarding accident, her injury left her pretty immobile for a while and she put on some pounds. You should see her now; her transformation is incredible! And I’m pretty sure we are, as Janetha says, “sisters from another mister.”
- Nutrition Nut on the Run – She is a college student majoring in Food & Nutrition Communication; I think she’s already putting her education to good use with her blog!
- Oh She Glows - Angela quit the rat-race career she was in to start her own vegan bakery. She posts about all sorts of topics related to a healthy life (did you know there is more to it than eating and exercising?).
- Peas & Thank You - A hilarious blog about a vegan mom raising her two adorable girls. I seriously love her posts; they make me laugh out loud. All. The. Time.
- SnackFace – Oh man. Kailey is hilarious. I love her outfits, I love her humor, I love her nicknames for people.
- The Edible Perspective - She has a boxer. Need I say more? Ok, probably. She ran her own granola bar company in Charlotte, NC before she and her husband moved to Denver. She takes some of the best pictures I’ve seen on a food blog and she’s so positive about life. This is one of my all-time favorite blogs to read. You’ll want to be her blog friend.
- The Fitnessista - Gina is a personal trainer and does very detailed posts on workout plans with her Summer/Winter Shape-up Plans. She really puts effort into providing extremely helpful information – she’s basically giving away her personal training on her blog. Lucky us!
- The Food Illusion – She and her family are in the midst of a 100-day very clean eating challenge (details here) and she posts clean recipes that her family eats as part of the challenge, along with great information about real foods, on her Food Illusion blog. Great stuff!
- The Life & Lessons of Rachel Wilkerson - This girl is freaking hilarious. She doesn’t filter her thoughts (or if she does…uh, woah…), posts awesome playlists, and posts hilarious videos (see Resolutionaries, one of my favorites).
- The Runner’s Plate – Michelle is a P.E. teacher in Anchorage, Alaska and an avid runner. I love seeing her pictures of her beautiful surroundings!
- The Healthy Everythingtarian - oh man, I LOVE Holly. I met her in San Fran and she’s one of those people you instantly feel comfortable around and want to be around. Constantly. She’s passionate, hilarious, kind, and just plain cool. And all of that reflects in her blog posts.
- Yes, I Want Cake – Does this blog title make anyone else giggle? It totally reminds me of myself at when someone asks me if I want ice cream and I look at them like they are a moron, and think, “Yes, obviously I want ice cream. Do you know me at all??” Anyway, back to discussing Katie’s blog and not myself: she is a third-grade teacher and I love her little stories of elementary school life (and secretly wish I’d been a teacher too). I like reading her posts since she has to pack her lunch like moi (not everyone is a stay-at-home blogger and can make tasty lunches at home) and it’s nice to get ideas of packable foods to spice up the brown-baggin’ life.
Baking & Cooking Blogs
- 101 Cookbooks - She makes healthy meals look totally gourmet. I’ve never made any of her recipes I haven’t loved.
- Green Kitchen Stories - Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous pictures. Delicious recipes. And they have a beautiful little girl named Elsa. I’m in love with that name. I want to steal it when I have my own non-canine babies.
- How Sweet It Is - Jessica hates vegetables and loves bacon. That’s the important stuff you need to know. Oh, and she has fantastic recipes. Evil delicious little recipes.
Other Sites I Frequent